Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VIN location 23 Feb 2007 11:16 #114775

• beardking
  • beardking's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys, I have a fairly embarassing question. I have recently aquired a 78 KZ750B and I would like to find the VIN on the bike. Problem is, I have no idea where to look. I've found a sticker on the neck that has a string of numbers that starts off with KZ750 and a string of numbers on the engine that start of with KZ750, but from what I've seen, neither of those numbers are the VIN. Anyone willing to clue me in on where to look? Pictures are wonderful in this case. ;-)

(oh and try not to dog me too much for being such a newbie)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VIN location 23 Feb 2007 11:21 #114777

• wireman
  • Visitor
normally the numbers on steering head are your vin number;)

VIN location 23 Feb 2007 11:24 #114779

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 303
Pictures are unnecessary...you have already located the VIN...both those numbers are the VIN...one is the frame VIN and the other the motor VIN. They will not match on a Kawasaki. Your title should have the frame VIN only (although some states also incorporate the motor VIN).:) FYI, next to or underneath the neck sticker, the frame VIN will also be stamped into the neck stock and it must match the number on the sticker. Do not remove the sticker...it contributes to the long-term value of the bike.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

VIN location 23 Feb 2007 14:25 #114814

• beardking
  • beardking's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Mcdroid wrote:

Your title should have the frame VIN only (although some states also incorporate the motor VIN).:) FYI, next to or underneath the neck sticker, the frame VIN will also be stamped into the neck stock and it must match the number on the sticker. Do not remove the sticker...it contributes to the long-term value of the bike.

Now that's the kind of information I needed. ;-) The reason I'm needing to find the VIN is because I have no title. Nothing quite like trying to figure out how to get a title when I can't even find the freaking VIN. ;-)

• Page: