Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for:
Yesterday 15:46
  • Wookie58

Okay so I finally got some time and disconnected both the brown/white + red/blue fuses and the blue/white + blue fuses and tested them. No issues on red/blue (0.01v- 0.07v), but on solid blue I get 12v. But from the wiring diagram I think that's running to the headlight, which I haven't removed, but it persisted even after I disconnected the terminals so I'm not sure that that means. The blue wire will see ground through the headlight bulb - if with the headlight bulb disconnected the blue still gives a 12v reading then there is a short somewhere between the fuse, the headlight dip switch and the headlight itself

Also-- any idea what this random brown terminal might go to? It isn't the extra brown white and I can't find it on the diagram. If you look on the diagram below and left from the brake light failure unit there is a brown wire with a double connector that doesn't go anywhere

Category: Electrical
Yesterday 15:45
  • martin_csr
The key code may be stamped into the seat lock as well. I don't know which would be easier to get at to see the code. 
Also in case you aren't aware, the 1000P police bikes have have a replaceable key lock cylinder for the fuel tank. 

1994 KZ1000-P13 Ignition switch & locks >>www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...tch-locks-reflectors

1994 KZ1000-P13 fuel tank >> www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...kz1000-p13/fuel-tank
Yesterday 15:39
  • Scirocco
The compression of 7 bar is a way to low, check the valve clearence!

Category: Carburetor
Yesterday 15:34
  • Adrian719

Wow, what a mess. I would clean it all up and assess, but I bet the rotor is too far gone to save. 
The rotor spins at exactly the same speed as the crankshaft. As rpm rises, the springs allow the weights to move outward, slightly advancing the point at which the plugs fire. As rpm goes down, the springs pull the weights back, thus retarding the spark a bit. 
Be very careful with that 13 mm bolt in the center. If you break it, you will be very sad. Lots of good penetrating oil and patience will pay off. Kano Kroil and Liquid Wrench are among the best penetrants. WD40 and such, are a waste of time here.
Well that would explain the lack of power of the timing is too slow at high rpm. 
I sprayed the whole thing with deep creep on Friday and will check it again tomorrow. I don't even want to touch that 13mm lol
Category: Projects
Yesterday 15:28
  • AdAstra029
Okay so I finally got some time and disconnected both the brown/white + red/blue fuses and the blue/white + blue fuses and tested them. No issues on red/blue (0.01v- 0.07v), but on solid blue I get 12v. But from the wiring diagram I think that's running to the headlight, which I haven't removed, but it persisted even after I disconnected the terminals so I'm not sure that that means. 

Also-- any idea what this random brown terminal might go to? It isn't the extra brown white and I can't find it on the diagram.

Yesterday 15:23
  • Wookie58
Are all the details in the build thread ? I feel a BOTM feature as she moves on to pastures new
Category: For sale
Yesterday 15:11
  • TexasKZ
Wow, what a mess. I would clean it all up and assess, but I bet the rotor is too far gone to save. 
The rotor spins at exactly the same speed as the crankshaft. As rpm rises, the springs allow the weights to move outward, slightly advancing the point at which the plugs fire. As rpm goes down, the springs pull the weights back, thus retarding the spark a bit. 
Be very careful with that 13 mm bolt in the center. If you break it, you will be very sad. Lots of good penetrating oil and patience will pay off. Kano Kroil and Liquid Wrench are among the best penetrants. WD40 and such, are a waste of time here.
Category: Projects
Yesterday 14:37
  • SWest
Odds and ends before I pick up another project. 
Steve
rumble.com/v4wee7i-getting-ready-to-pick-up-the-kzp.html

Category: Bike related
Yesterday 14:28
  • TexasKZ
When you go to Partzilla and click on the part number, you will be able to see a Fitment chart showing every model that used that specific part. For example, the Zephyr 1100 rear axle was used only on the 1100 Zephyr and the ZX10.

www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/41068...65736108112fae38ccf1
Category: Chassis
Displaying 41 - 50 out of 709650 results.