Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gas resistant clearcoat 06 Jun 2009 18:12 #296809

• nads.com
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Old Man Rock wrote:

Mp3z24... Seriously wasn't trying to insult you but use the forum search and you'll find several postings on can clear with a breakable hardner etc.... They all posted where the results were crap....

As for going to the site and reviewing their sales write up, well hell that's called marketing, they all say that....

I tried several can clears where I tested with gasoline and some did ok but not without some funky results where you could see degradation. The only thing I did find pass the test was a true 2/3 part automotive clear.

Same time, as mentioned Kent, for $20, give it a test and let us all know how it works out for theirs always new brands/technology that come to the market and that's what where here for right, passing along new finds as well as KZ stuff..

Definitely keep us informed... B)

EDIT:
"can i spray over an existing clear coat?" I'd at least wet sand it down then re-shoot your clear coats...

Just my two cents...

your not going to be able to sand on that clear. It's too soft and will roll up onto the paper/smear. Never take anyones blind guess. For a satisfying result talk to someone who has used the stuff, like the company, and decide from there. Lot's of folks use a few products and declare absolute deductions when things don't work out. That's the research most people don't incorporate enough of. Ask the audience is for entertainment purposes only. My opinion: the clear may resist gas but isn't going to be scratch resistant like automotive paint mentioned by the above. They tend to dull real fast also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by nads.com.

Gas resistant clearcoat 07 Jun 2009 13:10 #297044

• mtkawboy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Anything gas proof will need to be a 2 part epoxy type paint done with a breathing apparatus. It will not come in spray cans for safety reasons. I have several done with PPG Concept base coat/clear coat that gas or even brake fluid wont damage. Their only problem is chipping if you drop a wrench or something on the paint. Its not a cheap paint or paint job either. Dont even think about red paint, its way more expensive then any other color. I was told because it contains real gold in it. Your advice may vary.
78-KZ1000/1105, 80 KZ1000, 82 Kawasaki GPZ750, 95 Harley Fatboy, 80 Suzuki GS1100ET, 81 GS1100E parts bike, 83 GS1100SD Katana/1394,78 Yamaha XT500, 81 Yamaha XS650, 78 Yamaha XS650E, 48 Whizzer model J motorbike, 71 Honda CT70H, 71 Honda CT70, 81 IT 250 Yamaha,82 Honda XL100S owned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: