• Page:

TOPIC:

Lengthen forks for zx to kz swap 15 Apr 2024 10:51 #897667

• Bjs14
  • Bjs14's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey @zed1015, 

I was going to try and direct message you, but couldn't figure out how to, so I'm reviving an old thread. I am looking to lengthening the forks on a zx6 for a kz900. I was curious about your damper rod extension. Would that just screw on the bottom of the damper and then the bolt that screws into the bottom of the fork screw into the extension? What would be the max length I could go with that extension. All help is appreciated, thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stereordinary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lengthen forks for zx to kz swap 15 Apr 2024 21:52 #897694

• Stereordinary
  • User
  • Thank you received: 134
I think there’s some pictures and answers to your questions  in this thread
A breeze from the west.
‘90 ZR550 Zephyr (x2)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bjs14

Lengthen forks for zx to kz swap 16 Apr 2024 00:35 #897696

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1469

Hey @zed1015, 

I was going to try and direct message you, but couldn't figure out how to, so I'm reviving an old thread. I am looking to lengthening the forks on a zx6 for a kz900. I was curious about your damper rod extension. Would that just screw on the bottom of the damper and then the bolt that screws into the bottom of the fork screw into the extension? What would be the max length I could go with that extension. All help is appreciated, thanksy
Yes! It screws into the bottom of the damper and then the retaining bolt screws into it.
The max length that can be gained from this method is usually 32mm so depending on the forks you may need to find additional length by utilising a stepped top yoke or fork top extensions.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: linuxrob, Bjs14

• Page: