Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

kz 550c rebuild advice 10 May 2020 13:53 #825398

• kzdog
  • kzdog's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hi all tanks for letting me join. I have a burnt out special I found online. The previous owner seems to lost key for it. Hacked ignition switch and caught bike on fire of course I could not tell until sale was finished as it was an auction.... At least I got bike for 150 plus tax. Like 225 out the door. I still need to find controls and levers and brake cylinder. Right now I need help with the correct tool to pull the swing arm bearings. There is no play and I did not plan on replacing them. However the paint is soo fucked in many places. I was going to send frame out for paint however they seem to want the bearings removed. Please advise on what is the proper tool to remove the swing arm bearings. Also can they old ones be put back in? I don't normally do that with any bearings. However this project bike has turned into a bit of a nightmare with replacement of all electrical components. I have already bought the motion pro swing arm bearing removal tool but it does not seem to fit as the tube the is solid instead of only having the spots where the bearing rides. Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kz 550c rebuild advice 28 May 2020 06:15 #826723

• TexasKZ
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2067
Generally, stuck float valves just need to be cleaned, a fairly straightforward job. Cleaning the carbs would be expected on any bike that has been sitting for a while. Don’t let them sink your plans.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: