Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

more ignition coil info needed 19 Sep 2007 08:31 #171547

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I get mine at the local auto junkyard for free, if it's bad i throw it away and try one of the other two or three I picked up at the same time :)
Actually, I haven't found a bad one yet.

I'm told that 98% of the automotive ECU's that are turned in as cores are good (people just make wild guesses that they are bad and replace them), and I suspect the same is true of the HEI modules. There are a whole lot of people that just keep replacing parts until the problem goes away.
KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

more ignition coil info needed 19 Sep 2007 08:39 #171551

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
$45 each is a lot. But it's still cheaper than a Dyna and will give better power efficiency (assuming the rest of the ignition is in good shape).

Maybe you should just get yours online:

Autozone buy ignitor online
same item, different link

This is the store I sometimes get them from. They are a national chain in the U.S.,but you may be able to get them online. Duralast is sometimes used as the retail name, so search for that too, instead of Wells, when searching DR100.

I'm going to check ebay real quick. (I used 1977 Chevrolet Nova 5.0 V-8 for my parts search.)
ok, checked ebay... there's a few on there, but they can't be confirmed as wells modules (one is actually red, never seen that before). There are also some Accel-made modules (who knows who actually made them). But the bottom line is they are all more expensive, like $20 plus shipping.

If all else fails, maybe one of us in the U.S. can pick up a couple and send them to you. Right now, the US dollar and Canadian are almost equal ($1us = $1.014Can)

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2007/09/19 11:59

more ignition coil info needed 19 Sep 2007 11:32 #171576

• jack2006
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Wicked thanks guys for your suggestions and offers to help. I wouldn't want to bother any of you for something so small so after calling 60 part places I found one that sells them for 23.75 well that was a no brainer then I just came back with two of them...wiring and the diodes were $2.50 all together about 55 bucks with taxes.

Now Im going down to the garage to assemble the thing.

Ill take picks for others to check out. Thanks...and I hope it works :)