Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Turn signal switch rebuild 19 Feb 2024 11:52 #895429

• timewaster
  • timewaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
First of all, I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, I couldn't find a match, but my computer skills aren't that great. I have an 82 KZ 1000 LTD that was almost ready to go back on the road, except the horns weren't working. No horns, no inspection. I bought new horns, but guess what, it wasn't the horns. The horns weren't getting a ground through switch. I pulled the switch, and long story short, parts went flying, and I can't get it back together, I know, I'm a dumbass. Does anyone know of someone who rebuilds these, or even where I can buy a new/used one? I've spent quite a few hours online trying to find one. I actually bought an aftermarket one, but I don't have the electrical skills to make it work. The factory cluster has 20 wires, while the aftermarket one has only 10. Thanks for reading. I tried to add photos, but website said files were too large (Poor computer skills again).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turn signal switch rebuild 19 Feb 2024 12:50 #895434

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1623
The cross-reference at Partzilla shows that several 82-83 models used the same handlebar control switches. 
KZ1100A1-A3 Shaft. KZ1100D1 Spectre. KZ750H3/H4 Ltd. 
www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/46091...adada22791fd96397a5e

Also, if you can't find one exactly like yours, you could maybe get one that's similar then cannibalize the innards.  the KZ1000M CSR might be similar but don't quote me on that. I saw one of those on ebayy: 1000M CSR #404541979700. or KZ1100 #275916182979.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Turn signal switch rebuild 19 Feb 2024 12:51 #895435

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
When I restored my 750E, which uses the same type of hand control, I took them apart, to clean the guts, and repair a broken wire inside.  They were not overly difficult, but that said, I don't remember exactly.  If I were you, I'd look for a replacement off ebay.  And when taking it apart, go super slow, so you can understand where the parts go.  I think that same control is used on the 750 LTD model, so you can expand your search.  Look at Partzilla to understand interchangeability of parts.

The following user(s) said Thank You: martin_csr, howardhb

Turn signal switch rebuild 25 Feb 2024 14:48 #895587

• timewaster
  • User
Thanks for your reply. I thought I would be prompted by email when I had a reply. That's why I'm so late thanking you.

Turn signal switch rebuild 25 Feb 2024 14:52 #895588

• timewaster
  • User
Thanks! sorry for the late reply. I thought I would be notified via email if I had a reply. I didn't think there were replies.

• Page: