Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1982 kawasaki KZ 550 15 Jul 2023 15:16 #887276

• Luciferswheels
  • Luciferswheels's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, Im new to the bike scene but have always had a love for riding. I not so recently bought a 82’ kz 550 for about 500 bucks i knee it would be a wreck but wanted the challenge and lately been having some car problems. So i figured I should get this future beauty a go. Its had 2 previous owners the first knew nothing and when problems occurred tried to hotfix anything that went wrong (completely wrecked the thing) and the second owner knew abit more but had no time to work with it. So its been led to me and im determined to fix her up and get her on the road. Now a few problems with it are:wiring harnessfuel tank rustedcarb cleanupand oil cleanoutofcourse theres more but these are things ive seen with just my eye. Now ive bought a brand new wiring harness, and since this is such an older model i had to get it off a 750 i dont think it will be a problem other than the amount of unnecessary wiring thats on it( photos included) but finding one for my exact bike was pretty much nonexistent and if so very overpriced.Im not exactly the smartest on bikes and especially electric so any advice will be greatly taken, i know for a fact there are plenty more capable people on here.The oil has not been emptied in I have no idea how long its definitely mushy in there.My main goal is to even get it to make sound, that way i know Im atleast on a good track.Thanks and any questions are appreciated.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Luciferswheels.
  • Page: