Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Stator Appearance - KZ1100B1 01 May 2016 17:30 #724000

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 636

GPZ1100_Rider wrote:

daveo wrote: When comparing the wire gauge of that pretty-looking, exceptionally packaged Chinese junk stator to that of OEM, I was quick to understand. :angry:

Sorry to hear that you got a bad part. Guano happens.

I have also noted that the appearance of the new stator differs from the OEM one. According ElectroSport, their stator is different from the OEM one. Perhaps their description of the construction of theirs, offers some onsight into why there are differences between theirs, and the OEM one...

Description:

ESG033 is a high quality stator that replaces the OEM stator in the Kawasaki KZ1000 and KZ1100 models

Our ESG033 is built on a modern stator core and the copper windings are installed using computer controlled winding machines to ensure consistent quality. The copper wire itself is of the highest grade and we modified the winding configuration compared to the OEM stator to increase output by about 15% .

At the same time this new stator configuration lowers the amount of heat generated inside the winding which drastically improves reliability.

Two years ago when I was in the market for a non-OEM Kawasaki stator, I bought one ESGO33 ElectroSport Procom stator, and promptly sent it back.
Regardless of assurances, I returned it because the wiring loom did not exit the back side of the stator in the correct location to engage the protective path designed inside the stator cover, not to mention the yellow wires were too short besides.
Perhaps this manufacturing issue has since been corrected...

www.kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/59323...or-comparison-to-oem
1982 KZ1100-A2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by daveo.
  • Page: