Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 14:00 #666092

• HBKwaka
  • Visitor
Bossie your dachshund? Jus foolin....;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 14:23 #666097

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
Funny you should say that. There's a little guy called Max. He makes a big deal when I come over. I have to say Hi to him first. I don't want any more dogs. I found Pluto dead last August when I came back after selling that 54 Ford pick up. The new neighbors had 8 dogs I caught on my property 4 months before barking at Pluto. I chased them off but this time I think he was attacked by them. The neighbors look like something from Deliverance. They don't have 8 dogs anymore, they're down to two and they don't let them run.

This is what I came home to. His collar was set so he could slip out if he had to, he did that only if he got snagged on something. he was a good boy.
I've thought about getting a small dog like Max and have a carrier on the passenger seat. Maybe not. I don't care for loosing a old friend and feeling I let him down somehow. Now I just want to point my head light and go.
Steve
Attachments:

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 17:43 #666132

• HBKwaka
  • Visitor
That is downright a bummer...8 rds of point four five solves that issue.

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 18:06 #666136

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Yer shoot the bastards
Used to be allowed to carry a dog on a bike here
They banned that years ago
this place is fucked as far as rights go - making new brain dead restrictive laws all the time :(
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Last edit: by Zephyrrider.

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 18:14 #666138

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
They have a sign at their drive saying beware of dog. She won't take her meds and her husband can't do anything about it. She stopped me on my bike one day after it happened trying to bully me. I told her I don't have visitors and am happy to prescribe a 44 lead pill to anyone that FK's with me. Just ask the local Meth heads. I told her about Pluto and what would happen if I found them on my property again. IT's NOT THE DOGS FAULT, IT'S THE OWNERS. Haven't had a problem sense. We all have 5 acres or more out here. There's no reason for this.
Steve

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 19:18 #666143

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
In 87 I shot a neighbor's dog that had my cat. Right arm still in a cast from the wreck. Remington 1100 Auto loader. 5 rounds no waiting. 00 Buck backed with up slugs now. Hit it with 4 rounds of 00 Buck shooting from the hip. Not fun. The last round I had to suck it up to my shoulder, wait for his head to come up behind a tree and pull the trigger. It wasn't the dogs fault, the owner let it run and saw the last shot. I was arrested but didn't go to jail, didn't lose my gun and in court the owner made the mistake of telling the judge the dog needed to run 3 miles a day to be healthy. Case closed. Sometimes I wish it was 100 years ago. I could call these bastards out and leave them face down in the street.
Steve
I've been a hunter. I didn't do it for sport, for meat. That dog wasn't in the plan.

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 20:35 #666162

• jakedude
  • User
  • Thank you received: 30
First, let me say that anyone that would mess with a man's dog is the lowest of low life scum. Sorry you have to live next to them.

swest wrote: Any anger goes away when I'm in the wind. The last post was positive. The only regret I have is letting Bossie sit for 15 years but when I think about it, she would have 15 more years of wear on her. It's all good.
Thanks
Steve

I took your post as positive and I hope you took mine that way as well. I appreciate a great looking bike but never had the passion to keep one in pristine condition. It's all about the ride for me so I focus on mechanics.
Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 20:50 #666167

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

You can't ride it and keep it perfect. Not everyone can afford the shiny do dads. The finned covers came one by one over the years. Things wear out. As long as it's safe, all the rest is just glitter.
Steve
Attachments:

Last edit: by SWest.

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 20:52 #666168

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Yep its the owners
All most people can do here is throw rocks at em
You can get a gun though if you want one
Guns laws here suck - didnt do a dam thing to cut crime and shootings - idiots
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Why previous owners suck 01 Apr 2015 21:33 #666173

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
In Russia the murder weapon is an ax. More guns, less crime.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: 80B4

Why previous owners suck 02 Apr 2015 05:40 #666181

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
It cracks me up that idiot lawmakers think that if they pass a new law it will keep lawbreakers from breaking the law.... :dry:
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

Why previous owners suck 02 Apr 2015 05:47 #666183

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
We call them Nimrods or Scofflaws. Unfortunately most new laws are to generate revenue, not make anything better. That's our fault for not voting them out.
Steve