Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How many types of KZ1000 alt rotors? 01 Mar 2013 11:01 #574721

• dbsuperbiker
  • dbsuperbiker's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
I am just finishing up building a KZ900 based, 1135cc street rod using extra parts stashed for my Z1 Superbike vintage racer. It is almost complete, but I have run into a snag.
The crankshaft is a 15T unit with the larger alternator rotor taper on the left end. I have a Z1 alt case/stator and what appears to be a mkII case/stator. Of course the Z1 inside rotor/outside stator will not fit my crank taper. The outside rotor/flywheel I have is too big to fit under my mkII (I think) case and stator.
Is the flywheel for the KZ1000P larger outside diameter than MkII? If so, I need a MKII flywheel or a KZ1000P case and stator. If not, I am baffled.
help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How many types of KZ1000 alt rotors? 01 Mar 2013 11:06 #574724

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
  • Thank you received: 299
Could it be a 79ltd crank? B)
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

How many types of KZ1000 alt rotors? 01 Mar 2013 12:00 #574732

• dbsuperbiker
  • dbsuperbiker's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
could be...my intimate Z-series experience and knowledge ended with '78 models, which is why I am asking for help.
The crank is of unknown origin.
When I find a rotor on ebay, I ask for physical measurements to determine if it will fit into my case/stator..Most sellers want to know what model rotor i need, but I can't tell them.

• Page: