Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750 Twin - Anybody taken off the starter clutch before? 10 Aug 2008 10:37 #231152

• kpalm7
  • kpalm7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Something in my starter clutch is screwed up on my 1978 KZ750 twin. I've tested the rest of the starter and everything else works fine, the starter clutch simply doesn't move when the chain does. I made a "rotor holder" out of a c-clamp and a few carefully picked bolts, and I've removed the main bolt that goes thru the center of the starter clutch. My question now is how do I get it the rest of the way off? I tried prying a little bit and it seemed like I was getting nowhere so I decided to wait. Am I going to need a rotor puller that screws into the starterclutch assembly and pushes it out or is there another way to remove it?

Thanks for any info, all help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750 Twin - Anybody taken off the starter clutch before? 10 Aug 2008 13:49 #231191

• bountyhunter
  • User
  • Thank you received: 337
kpalm7 wrote:

Hi,
Something in my starter clutch is screwed up on my 1978 KZ750 twin. I've tested the rest of the starter and everything else works fine, the starter clutch simply doesn't move when the chain does. I made a "rotor holder" out of a c-clamp and a few carefully picked bolts, and I've removed the main bolt that goes thru the center of the starter clutch. My question now is how do I get it the rest of the way off? I tried prying a little bit and it seemed like I was getting nowhere so I decided to wait. Am I going to need a rotor puller that screws into the starterclutch assembly and pushes it out or is there another way to remove it?

Thanks for any info, all help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

The FSM says it requires a rotor puller (special tool) to take it off.
1979 KZ-750 Twin

KZ750 Twin - Anybody taken off the starter clutch before? 10 Aug 2008 13:50 #231192

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Why start a new thread? I've already covered this in your original thread.:dry:
KD9JUR

• Page: