• Page:

TOPIC:

Dyna-S oil sensor wire question. 11 Aug 2008 07:52 #231343

• shanecrow99
  • shanecrow99's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
mtkawboy wrote:

Just take the tank off and tap in where the hot wire from the ignition & kill switch branches off to each coil.

Now that I have have looked at my KZ650C2 wiring diagram - your right. Thats where I could have tapped it. However, Dyna did not make the oil pressure wire long enough. I got it all sorted out though.

Oh, check your PM's. I send you a message.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dyna-S oil sensor wire question. 11 Aug 2008 11:54 #231381

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Shane, I suggest you look at picking up some Dyna wires which come with caps and the metal things that go into the coils as well and caps for those. They are 7mm wires not 8mm like you plan on using. The reason why the 8mm wires aren't a great idea is that they are too darn fat to fit easily in the Dyna coils and you will have to end up doing a lot of shaving of the insulation to get them to fit. They WILL fit if you you shave them but I prefer the 7mm wires. In fact, I would prefer NGK caps and coil ends on standard metal core auto wire... that is the LEAST prone to failure setup I have used but the auto wire is getting hard to find locally and places that sell the NGK plug caps don't carry the coil ends a lot of times.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Dyna-S oil sensor wire question. 11 Aug 2008 12:26 #231387

• shanecrow99
  • shanecrow99's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well darnit. I wish I would have known about the limitations of the 8mm before I picked it up. It's bad enough I have to terminate the ends myself - now I got to deal with the wire being too fat?

I will probably wind up installing your coil mod along with the Dyna coils and run the stock spark plug wires for now and work on the Dyna wires in the meantime. Thanks for the heads-up George. That would have ticked me off if I had not known about that beforehand.

• Page: