Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help!! Coil mod not working! 26 Jul 2008 20:51 #228469

• littlemanonbigbike
  • littlemanonbigbike's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I thought i had it all figured out but something is not right. I performed the coil mod as per instructions and everything seems to be right. I have 12 volts to the coils but now the spark plugs won't fire. The relay turns on and off like it should with the switch and there is 12 volts all the way to the coils but no fire. Any Ideas?
1982 1100 Spectre
Various other toys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help!! Coil mod not working! 26 Jul 2008 22:18 #228472

• anarki650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
If you have volts to the coils but no fire odds are you're wires from the points (or electronic ignition) aren't right. Double check and make sure those are hooked up right. Those shouldn't have changed when doing the coil mod, just the power wires. So check those and see where you're at.
09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

Help!! Coil mod not working! 27 Jul 2008 05:59 #228492

• littlemanonbigbike
  • littlemanonbigbike's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I did'nt do anything with the ignition wires. If i unhook the relay and put everything back it fires right up. There is really no reason this should not work.
1982 1100 Spectre
Various other toys

Help!! Coil mod not working! 27 Jul 2008 06:32 #228498

• Link14
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
One of the riders down in Colorado Springs, Little B, did the mod and had the same type of problem with his 1981 KZ750. If you look at the mod instructions there's a note for "Dyna S" users. If I remember correctly, Little B figured out that really meant "Electronic ignition" users and once he completed that portion of the mod, it worked.

Hope that helps

Last edit: by Link14.
  • Page: