Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ1000 Electronic speedometer wiring 25 Jul 2008 17:27 #228352

• jermkline
  • jermkline's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Howdy all! I just picked up a 81 or 82 KZ1000 that has been heavily customized. During the time that the Previous Owner (PO) was "customizing" the bike, it seemed that he spent all the time working on the bodywork and little to no time working on the wiring.

This bike has an electronic speedometer with an electronic sending unit. Regrettably, the PO simply cut all the wires at the speedometer and sending unit.

Can any of you shed some light on the wiring for the speedometer and sending unit and post a wire color code to function list. Mostly I am worried about the actual speedo function and think I've got the neutral, blinker, oil, and running lights working.

Many thanks!

Jeremy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ1000 Electronic speedometer wiring 28 Jul 2008 14:55 #228750

• jermkline
  • User
UPDATE: I was able to work through most of the wiring and get the lights working on the speedometer. The only wire left is an orange and I think this is the feed for the speedo.

On the sending unit there are three wires (I don't remember the colors at the moment). Any ideas on the function of each wire?

thanks

KZ1000 Electronic speedometer wiring 28 Jul 2008 15:04 #228753

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
  • Thank you received: 4
Go to the KZ Information and hit the filebase and look for your model and year and it will have the wiring diagram in color it did for mine and its a 82 KZ1100 Spectre with a electronic speedo.
78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.

KZ1000 Electronic speedometer wiring 28 Jul 2008 15:57 #228768

• jermkline
  • User
Thanks a ton. This is great.

jeremy

• Page: