TOPIC:

More Electrical Problems- bring on the mockery. 07 Jul 2008 20:00 #224792

• MikePotter86
  • MikePotter86's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Two wheels move the soul.
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone,
Replaced a coil last week, and today I have 2 brand new electrical problems on my 81 KZ 750. I imagine one will bring some ridicule my way...
First off, My front turn signals have ceased to work as operating lights. I checked the wiring connections in the headlight, and they are all good. Any Ideas? I'm a novice.

The Second I am not as concerned about, it is really rather silly, my "Dummy" fuel light which used to go on about 15 miles before reserve was needed now goes on about a second after my engine begins struggling with a lack of Gas. I can learn to deal with this, but would rather have it work right.

While I am at it, has anyone successfully converted their rear turn signals to running lights/signals? Thanks,
Mike
Michael L. Potter
1981 KZ 750 LTD
South Lyon, MI/ Bloomington, IN

www.flickr.com/photos/potterm/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More Electrical Problems- bring on the mockery. 07 Jul 2008 20:04 #224793

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
MikePotter86 wrote:

While I am at it, has anyone successfully converted their rear turn signals to running lights/signals? Thanks,
Mike

Just did mine a while back.Stole the running-light power fron the tail light,and good to go.I'm using L.E.D.'s(red ones on the back) and they are bright!WAY more visible back there.
And now,when I turn my key all the way over to the right(2 clicks) I get not only the tail-light on,but also the 2 markers.Great visibility at night,if and when I have to pull over to the side of the road.When I turn on the hazards,it lights up the entire area around me.B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Last edit: by Sandy.

More Electrical Problems- bring on the mockery. 07 Jul 2008 21:29 #224814

• bountyhunter
  • User
  • Thank you received: 337
MikePotter86 wrote:

Mike

YES. I simply bought a set of front turn signal assembly sockets (the dual contact ones) and installed them in the rear turn signal housings and wired the lower wattage filament wires to +12V light wiring. The turn signal wires hook up the same.
1979 KZ-750 Twin

• Page: