Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question for the electric guys 21 Jun 2008 15:48 #221404

• violentvintagecycles
  • violentvintagecycles's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, got a few pushbuttons from the shack to try and replace the starter button off my kz. They didnt have anything in the auto 12v that fit the decription, mostly toggle switches, but they did have the right sizes in another bin.
There not rated for auto tho, one package says "contacts rated 3a at 125vac/1.5a at 250vac", the other pack says "contacts rated 0.5a at 125vac, 0.3a at 50vdc"
Will either one of these work, how many amps does the bike put out at the starter button, and if these wont work, what should i look for? Thanks in advance..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question for the electric guys 21 Jun 2008 15:53 #221405

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
Heres a pic of em. Figure why replace the whole assembly, which is good, except missing the starter button?
Attachments:

Question for the electric guys 21 Jun 2008 16:00 #221407

• Samwell
  • User
violentvintagecycles wrote:

Ok, got a few pushbuttons from the shack to try and replace the starter button off my kz. They didnt have anything in the auto 12v that fit the decription, mostly toggle switches, but they did have the right sizes in another bin.
There not rated for auto tho, one package says "contacts rated 3a at 125vac/1.5a at 250vac", the other pack says "contacts rated 0.5a at 125vac, 0.3a at 50vdc"
Will either one of these work, how many amps does the bike put out at the starter button, and if these wont work, what should i look for? Thanks in advance..

There's not much current at the starter button. It only takes about 50 milliamps or so to trigger the starter relay. The contacts rated for 0.3 amps at 50 volts dc should do fine.

If all else fails, you still have your kick start?

S
--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

Question for the electric guys 21 Jun 2008 16:02 #221408

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
:laugh: :laugh: no, it didnt come with one.. I like lous idea on push startin tho! Thanks

• Page: