Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advancer timing marks 23 May 2008 21:28 #215462

• downhandonly
  • downhandonly's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, so I got the dyna s installed on my bike after removing the ballast resistor and the ic igniter. following the instructions from dyna is not that easy if you have never done this stuff before...anyway I believe the instructions I have assume my bike had points (it had pickups and a rotor) and that my advancer is the old one that has the 1-4 timing marks BETWEEN the 1 and the 4. well seems my advancer has (in order from left to right) a T on a mark, an F on a mark, a 1, a 4, and then two marks AFTER the 4 about 3/32" apart. heres the catch.. having never timed a damn thing in my life and following instructions that really don't pertain to my bike how do I staticly time my bike so in the event that I ever by some miracle get it running it doesn't blow up? the instructions say to hold the rotor clockwise so it is fully advanced and then I get lost because I have no idea what line i have to line up where. which line is the one I'm going for? also there are no marks or numbers for 2 and 3 what's up with that???
80 KZ1000 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advancer timing marks 24 May 2008 19:34 #215595

• 76 LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Static timing is set on T mark then with engine running using a timing light it should be on F mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: