Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Had spark-now no spark? 11 May 2008 08:00 #212762

• rdgrnr
  • rdgrnr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
About 3 weeks ago, I did the wg's coil mod to my 650, and it ran great. Everything at that time seemed to be functioning just fine, with the exception of some bogging at "quick throttle", which I was going to work on today.
The bike has been parked outside covered since that time. Since I parked it outside, it has snowed once, and rained a few times, but not on the bike.
My problem is now I have no spark at neither the plugs or the points. I looked in my Haynes manual, but it is mostly useless when it comes to troubleshooting.
Is it possible that the coils might have moisture from being outside? Electrical is my weakness on these bikes, so any help would be appreciated...
Thanks
77 KZ650B1
80 440 LTD Sold
78 GL1000 Naked Wing Sold
80 CM400E Sold
Brainerd, MN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Had spark-now no spark? 11 May 2008 08:28 #212776

• 76 LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
It is possible the coils or points could have condensation in them.try drying them with WD and an air hose if that doesnt work get a test light and retrace the wiring on the coil mod.also dry out the spark plug caps(just to make sure).

Had spark-now no spark? 11 May 2008 09:05 #212782

• Beatpoet
  • User
Read my thread a few posts down.. A lot of good info from the people that replied to my problems, and I'm certain that most of it also applies to your problem as well.

Had spark-now no spark? 11 May 2008 09:09 #212786

• rdgrnr
  • rdgrnr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
:woohoo: It's running now..I think it was wet points from sitting outside. One other thing that puzzled me on this was, and maybe this belongs in the carb posts, but when I took of the tank, I noticed when I removed the fuel line, gas was emptying down the line into the carbs. It was like the bowls were filling up...don't know..but it runs now.
Thanks for the input
77 KZ650B1
80 440 LTD Sold
78 GL1000 Naked Wing Sold
80 CM400E Sold
Brainerd, MN

• Page: