Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DYNA S 06 May 2008 12:45 #211594

• madkawltd90076
  • madkawltd90076's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anyone explain to me how to set the timing on my 76kz900 with dyna s ignition, Ive followed the manufacturers instructions by using a 12v test light on the black coil wire for 1 and 4 and the green wire for 2and 3. Im the instructions say that the timing marks should line up from the right most timing mark and the fixed mark on the case....am i to assume that the the right most timing mark is the one marked "f" for 1 and 4?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DYNA S 06 May 2008 15:50 #211622

• Qdude
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
The advance needs to be fully advanced. If I remember correctly, there is a mark to the right of the f mark that has no lettering. That is the important one.

Is the bike not running correctly now?
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

DYNA S 06 May 2008 16:20 #211626

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 238
You really need an inductive timing light to time. Makes it much easier. The "F" mark is short for "fire". This is the mark you want to line up at idle speed or doing it with the engine not running, if you can. I never tried it not running. With the timing light as you rev the engine you can see the marks advance and line up with the advance marks. Of course if timing is not right, either turn the entire plate to move both ingition coils timing, or just loosen one pickup and move it to adjust only it's ignition timing.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

• Page: