Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

no idea 20 Apr 2008 18:05 #207903

• FireFighterRon
  • FireFighterRon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i have a 1983 KZ1100 A3 Shaft i am wondering what charges the battery when i am riding .... i can bye a new batt. and its great and then 2 weeks later its dead... put it on the batt charger its starts right up ride for 1-2h park- turn it off and go to re-start it and its dead...... or at red lights it wants to die like the batt is to low..... what could i replace ?
Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

no idea 20 Apr 2008 18:08 #207904

• cashmore1985
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I don't know your bike specifically but it maybe be a Stator issue.
1973 Z1 900. Currently ratty. Black Mac Performance 4-1 canister exhaust. Emgo Pod Filters, LTD Seat, 3 point crash bars, big ass touring screen. Work in progress.

no idea 20 Apr 2008 18:25 #207907

• Qdude
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
Could be a stator thing, could be the regulator, could be a short in the system, could be the battery is just tired.

That being said, here is an idea.

I had electrical problems. I installed a voltmeter across the ignition power so that I could see what the regulator was doing to my power. It was really good to have to help with diagnostics of the charging system, and the current voltage level of the battery.

I would check for ohms across the disconnected battery leads with the key off to rule out a system short. then I would check the voltage with a voltmeter at different times (before during after rides) to determine if the battery is even getting charge from your bike.

Get your battery tested.

Look into getting a new regulator.

Best of luck,

Q
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

no idea 20 Apr 2008 21:19 #207935

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
1st get yourself a meter as suggested.check your battery power across posts with bike shut off .then check the power across terminals with bike running and see if there is any differance,if your charging system is putting out the voltage should increase with the motor running.;)
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

no idea 20 Apr 2008 23:03 #207941

• Qdude
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
For 16 bucks from Schucks I got a little dash mount voltmeter. That is what I installed for on board continuous monitoring.
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

• Page: