Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 10 Apr 2008 10:34 #205439

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15

All that stuff above? Well, it is very old. I saw some of the mods to make them the LED blade style fuses, some other mods, relays, whatever-

does anyone sell a kit just to modernize and replace all the stuff pictured above, so it is very new and whiz bang cool, not to mention more reliable? :cheer:
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CruisingRam.

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 10 Apr 2008 17:20 #205538

• bill_wilcox100
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I don't know but I some how doubt it. Electricals are usually particular to the required functions and the placement of the various required components.

Many of the relay mods you may have seen on this site are actually more stuff rather than less stuff. They server to add new features or to get better voltage to select components, most notably the coil(s).

BTW all the connectors and their contacts you see in your diagrams can be got new and cheap from Z1 Enterprises. That's what I did. B)

Best of success! :)
1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 11 Apr 2008 00:41 #205628

• Qdude
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
Piece by piece I believe..

Anyone else know?
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 11 Apr 2008 23:11 #205845

• CruisingRam
  • User
Gawd I hate wiring stuff. I really do. It is the only thing I dislike about motorcycles.

I need a geni in a bottle or three wishes or some crap like that now.
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 12 Apr 2008 04:04 #205871

• Iceman Too
  • User
  • Even the finest shoe makes a poor hat
  • Thank you received: 0

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up?

Yeah, just about all OEM's do, It's called a 2008 Model!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry just couldn't resist. That time of year I guess. :P :P :lol:
1979 KZ 1300 (Under Repair)
1999 V-Max (Gonna ride it till the Kow comes home)Sold Kow came home
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring
Nova Scotia

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 12 Apr 2008 05:06 #205875

• bill_wilcox100
  • User
CruisingRam, it would be great to have your year, model and location in your signature. :dry:

What I see are several connectors, some thing with diodes possibly the rectifier, a black thing (flasher?), a red capped thing (the starter relay?) and something hanging in front (regulator?). These are pretty basic things and you need them to run your bike.

These all look better than when I got my bike from the PO. IMHO, some clean up and some spray can paint and it could look pretty good. :)

Other than NOT liking electricals are they giving you any problems? If not, I'd crack open a can of my favourite and celebrate the good times... while they last. :woohoo:

Best of success!
1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
Montreal, Canada

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 12 Apr 2008 08:07 #205910

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Anybody else besides me having text
running way off the screen in this thread? :S

Sure hope it's NONB! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 12 Apr 2008 09:51 #205924

• CruisingRam
  • User
bill_wilcox100 wrote:

CruisingRam, it would be great to have your year, model and location in your signature. :dry:

What I see are several connectors, some thing with diodes possibly the rectifier, a black thing (flasher?), a red capped thing (the starter relay?) and something hanging in front (regulator?). These are pretty basic things and you need them to run your bike.

These all look better than when I got my bike from the PO. IMHO, some clean up and some spray can paint and it could look pretty good. :)

Other than NOT liking electricals are they giving you any problems? If not, I'd crack open a can of my favourite and celebrate the good times... while they last. :woohoo:

Best of success!

My best friend is a wiring genius- but grumpy if I work him too hard on this stuff. He works hard enough on his own junk, IT all works because he took great care in making it work. But he also told me it won't work forever, try and find stuff to replace it.

He told me to get the LED fuses and such. I looked at the links, and they confused and scared me. I don't even know what the hell I am looking at most of the time.

Yes, my text runs off the page too- it has to do with the photos- one of the oddities of this site- nothing wrong with it- just don't see this problem on the umpteen sites I visit every day.
I hate electrical stuff.

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 13 Apr 2008 12:59 #206144

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Panel and harness can be made up beautiful with all waterproof connectors and teflon wiring if you've got the $. It's the switches that are a PITA to repair/replace.

Hey- does anyone make a complete kit to replace all this with a new whiz bang set up? 13 Apr 2008 14:22 #206156

• bill_wilcox100
  • User
Oh, you live in Alaska... :ohmy:

I would guess that you want to get the parts changed before they interfere with your short Alaska riding season. :pinch:

I get that because I'm trying to do much the same this winter. I'd take the list of parts you would like to swap out and email to Jeff at Z1 Enterprises. He can quote you the right parts. I have used him often.

There are other sources, for example I got a new rectifier from this guy in Oregon because like his over-designed approach to component selection and his we-stand-behind-our-stuff attitude... but I have not had to put him to the test. He carries connectors, regulator, rectifiers, integrated regulator/rectifiers, etc., for our vintage bikes:

Hope this is the feedback you were looking for. Best of success and let us know what you end up doing. :)
1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
Montreal, Canada

• Page: