Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ignition box wire off help 01 Apr 2008 01:02 #203448

• diablo666mew
  • diablo666mew's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
back again i have been rideine my new bike for a wile now and my starter went out thats not the problem i am getting a rebuilt one for 155 (is that a fare price ?) . here the problem i have been just going around clean it up and i nosed a black wire not hooked to the battery but has a round clip on the the end of it the wire is close to the - on the battery i flowed the wire back and it went to the cdi box or ignition box not sure what you call it it is silver and square . but should this be hooked up to the - battery it was laying right next to the - on the battery. i just dont see what it does because my bike was running with out it should i hook it up any help?????????? and thank for all the help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ignition box wire off help 01 Apr 2008 06:36 #203474

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 374
Add your model and year to your signature or here in the post. It will help to know what model were talking about here.

If it is the IC unit your looking at, the IC Igniter will have 4 wires coming to it (or less depending on your model) from the engine pick ups/points area.Then there will be 4 wires coming out from the silver box (IC Igniter) green, black, red and balck/yellow. The colors may be different on your bike, check a wiring diagram. The red goes to battery +, balck/yellow to battery - or ground, anth the green and blacks go to the coils.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: