Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

regulator rectifier update 19 Feb 2008 16:20 #195651

• krazyjay99
  • krazyjay99's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i have a 3 phase reg rec universal replacement unit to update my charging system. It has 3 yellow wires 1 red and 1 black, what i need to know is where the red and black wire conect to i cant find any info online on the wiring of this unit. any help would be appreciated i would hate to hook it up wrong and burn it up.:ohmy:
this unit is a tmr1002u
thanks guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

regulator rectifier update 19 Feb 2008 16:52 #195656

• Qdude
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey J,

Be sure to include which bike you are adding this to. Is it a 77 650?

On my 77 650 those wires are connected to the battery constantly. The diodes in the rectifier keep the power from flowing out of the battery so it is safe to have it hooked straight up to the terminals.

On mine the red wire hooks up to a red and white wire which goes to the positive post of the battery

The black wire hooks up to a common ground black and yellow wire which goes to both the regulator and to a bus for the brake light failure indicator. (It also goes to the negative post of the battery.)

There are wiring diagram schematics in the KZ information filebase tab from the homepage of this site.

I would also recommend getting a manual for your specific bike. It has all of the schematics as well.

Best of success man.
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

regulator rectifier update 19 Feb 2008 19:17 #195705

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
If it is for a 77 KZ650, beware. That bike is not like the rest of the 650's and bigger bikes. Its alternator is very different from most KZ's and uses a different type of regulator. The regulator on the 77 KZ650 is similar to some of the KZ400 regulators, but very different from the 550's, later 650's, 750's, 900's, and 1000's.

• Page: