Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Wiring Harness 16 Jan 2008 01:27 #189524

• justed
  • justed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

does anybody know where i could get a NEW wiring harness for a 78 kz650b2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Wiring Harness 16 Jan 2008 06:04 #189533

• Little B
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
You could check ebay for a NOS one but I imagine that they would be rather rare. You might also check with your Kaw dealer to see if they can get you one.

Or you could make your own. Down the road, that is what I'm going to do.:woohoo:
1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

New Wiring Harness 17 Jan 2008 00:26 #189674

• justed
  • User
used to work at a kaw dealership, they're discontinued. thought there might be some go-to guy out there for wiring, liked wired george is for carbs. anyone using dynetek's dyna 2000? i found it this morning on their web site but not very detailed info. i have a local shop here checking the details for me, but for $500.00 you get an ignition, coils and a completely new harness. hmmmm... plug and play or spend all weekend frustrated building my own... hmmmmm.

New Wiring Harness 17 Jan 2008 06:19 #189692

• The Milkman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 194
Justed, a may be over reading on this, but in your first post it read like you are looking for a complete new electrical harness. In your second one the harness that comes with the dyna isn't a complete harness, it is just the ignition section that hooks up to your existing harness for the dyna system only. I just wanted to clarify that for you. ;) ;)
Ride safe
78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

New Wiring Harness 17 Jan 2008 08:29 #189710

• justed
  • User
thanks for the info. i do want a completely new wiring harness. i thought that dynatek's website said they're kit came with a completely new wiring harness, coils and ignition? that's what the local shop is looking into for me. $500.00 is a lot to spend on a vague description.

New Wiring Harness 22 Jan 2008 19:22 #190550

• dvrpilot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Just finished re-wiring my KZ900 tonight. Searched all over for a
kit from internet no luck. I had issues since I have moved components to different parts of frame. I ripped out every wire on bike printed out the schematic from the filebase on this site.
With the schematic I simply built my harness one wire at a time. This allowed me to get rid of things I would never use such as flashers. I am using Digital Dakota electronic speedo and tach. This setup allowed me to get rid of half the harness do to its simplicity. The digital readout is amazing to look at!!. I really learned a lot about wiring on this project!

good luck

Mark

New Wiring Harness 29 Jan 2008 19:12 #191747

• dvrpilot
  • User
gauges on KZ900

New Wiring Harness 29 Jan 2008 19:33 #191753

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
Justed, i had a hard time finding a harness on ebay too, also found out there very yr and model specific. Meaning if you a 78 kz650c most times a harness for the 78 kz650a wont fit it.
I did try the salvage yards and thats where i found mine. Not new, but in great shape. Was a salvage yard in conneticut and they got it right, and had it to me fast, but i had another experience with a gas tank from a salvage yard in california that was a horror story. I would try them, or, build your own, but i would worry about resale value after that. (no offense anyone)

• Page: