• Page:

TOPIC:

. 09 Dec 2007 07:41 #184313

• JMKZHI
  • JMKZHI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
=

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

Fuel level switch 10 Dec 2007 10:07 #184427

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The switch on the little bike's gas gauge is different than the one used on my ZG1200B or KZ1000E1/E2, etc. The one on your bike looks like the float slides along that flat metal bar. The switch on my bikes looks like the flusher mechanism inside a toilet... the old style with a floating ball suspended from an arm that pivots.

I think both types of switches rely on variation in resistance as the float moves. There is a "how to" on the Voyager website: www.amervoyassoc.org/

I read the how-to and was going to work on mine but never got around to it. I ended up buying a few of the switches off eBay and used one that worked... about 1 in 4 of the ones I messed with worked. Once I found a working switch, the gas gauge works fine although not particularly accurately.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Fuel level switch 10 Dec 2007 19:34 #184505

• Little B
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
The one on my bike that looks like the one pictured didn't seem to have any moving parts on it at all. I had thought that when the fuel level got below the top part, it completed the circuit and made the light go on. If I recall correctly there was some type of crack in that top thing as well. Probably a good sign that it wasn't going to work! :lol:

If you buy that part new it costs about $80! I'm going to keep my eye open for a deal somewhere.
1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

. 11 Dec 2007 05:11 #184544

• JMKZHI
  • JMKZHI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
=

Last edit: by JMKZHI.
  • Page: