Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

cant get spark at plug 14 Oct 2007 08:45 #176119

• dusterdude
  • dusterdude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
82 ltd 750.couldnt get engine to turn over at start button.tied the starter interlock wires together to bypass the interlock.i get power at the coils and to the ignition module,dont get anything past the module.btw,i jumped a starter button across the starter relay to get the engine to turn over.any ideas?how can i test the module to be sure its good or bad before i decide to buy a new one?thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cant get spark at plug 14 Oct 2007 09:34 #176124

• arobsum
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
i believe the coil fires by taking away the ground...the moment it loses ground the field collapses and the spark occurs....try something along this line, see if it helps. DO NOT hold the ground connected for long...the coil will get very hot and probably quit working. just ground the wire manually then release quickly.

cant get spark at plug 14 Oct 2007 11:49 #176139

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
It takes less than .01 second to charge a coil, so all you have to do is scratch the wire against a ground.
KD9JUR

cant get spark at plug 14 Oct 2007 12:26 #176143

• dusterdude
  • dusterdude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks for the replies,arobsum,you pointed me in the right direction.apparently the ic ignitor wasnt grounding thru the wiring harness,i cut the wire out of the harness and grounded it directly to the battery,now i have spark.next,put gas tank on and throw gas to her and see what happens.

• Page: