Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

82CSR twin with gremlins in starting circuit 30 Sep 2007 15:27 #173761

• Kawlison
  • Kawlison's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I started this bike and road it when I bought it and since then lots of problems. You will probably need access to a colored wiring diagram to follow my story.
I can turn the key and the headlight, nuetral switch, oil light come to life. I can connect the small black wire on the starter relay to the red wire on the start button or the red/yellow wire on the engine stop switch and turn the bike over with spark. All other wires at the starter relay are connected. I get nothing when I short across the start switch from the black wire to the red wire.
The black wire runs from the starter relay to a "starter lockout switch"(where is this located?) and then on to the push starter switch. I cant follow the black wire without opening up the wiring harness. I am worthless when it comes to problems electric. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

82CSR twin with gremlins in starting circuit 30 Sep 2007 17:19 #173794

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Starter lockout switch is on the clutch perch, you have to squeeze the clutch lever before the starter will work.
KD9JUR

82CSR twin with gremlins in starting circuit 04 Oct 2007 15:20 #174575

• kz650csr81
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
steell wrote:

Starter lockout switch is on the clutch perch, you have to squeeze the clutch lever before the starter will work.

yeah I disabled this on my bike... just solder the two wires coming from the bike that go to the clutch perch... done no more hold clutch in to start... then it is up to you not to start the bike in gear...:)

• Page: