Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'82 kz750H- Ugh what a mess! 26 Sep 2007 15:20 #173027

• Link14
  • Link14's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Finally got my title mess cleared up so the new (old) bike is all registered. Last night I pulled the tank and was checking the wiring over for any broken wires and opened the electrical panel on the left side. What a mess! When I bought the bike, I brought my own battery so I could check how the electric system worked, but I didn't have time to get into everything.

Looks like a real rats nest in there, corrosion is all over the place and there's some sort of secondary fuse holder that's not even in the panel, just sitting behind the battery. Looks like it belongs in the panel, but I can't figure out where. It's amazing that everything electrical (that I've been able to check so far) works.

Would anyone have a pic of a nice clean electrical panel for an '82 KZ750H3? Something I can strive for this winter. I was even thinking of putting in a bladed fuse box eventually.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'82 kz750H- Ugh what a mess! 26 Sep 2007 19:16 #173077

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
This is from a 82 kz550, but i think this is what your looking for. Slips into a padded slot behind the electrical bracket
Attachments:

'82 kz750H- Ugh what a mess! 30 Sep 2007 10:59 #173710

• Link14
  • Link14's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
That might be it but I can't see with the starter selenoid in the way. I think I'm going to combine the two fuse boxes into one bladed box.

Thanks for the help!

• Page: