Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

GPz1100 84 - DFI no electrics except motor 25 Sep 2007 07:56 #172731

• GPz_Aussie
  • GPz_Aussie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, I cant ffind many experts on the GPz1100A1 and 2 models but I thought this is probably the best place to look...

Currently I picked up a 84 GPz1100A2 for a tidy $1k, almost immacualte condition but it was rebuilt and droped on its first ride and could never be restarted. Left for 3 years then a disgruntled exwife sold it to me , my gain :P

ignition barrel was able to be turned on by a screwdriver so i found a new one on ebay and replaced it with that, fit perfect but had an extra brown wire hanging off the old one didnt.

Left it there for a couple months coz it had motor issues i was also worried about but went to crank it up again today and the bike starts and runs fine fuel pump and everytihng, but i have no electrics at all, no Tacho, no lights/indicators, no fuel tank dash, nothing! Checked all the fuses in the fuse box and they are all fine does anyone have any ideas what it could be? I didnt think an extra wire coming out the ignition mattered if the loom still had the same plug as the old one would that be it? i measured 12v from it to the frame with the ignition on so it seems to be a live +.

Cheers for any help i can get! And sorry for invading the forum with a not quite so classic yet classic ;)

Post edited by: GPz_Aussie, at: 2007/09/25 18:51

oops its an 84 not 94 lol, electrical problem sort of fixed now tho, i connected the spare wire to another spare one and it all comes on when the lights are switched on, works for me :p

Anyone know where i can find a pdf of the factory manual for this bike?

Post edited by: GPz_Aussie, at: 2008/01/12 20:54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GPz1100 94 - DFI no electrics except motor 26 Sep 2007 11:33 #172968

• newbikekiller
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I will venture a guess - perhaps at one point a voltage regulator went out at high RPM burning many bulbs and wrecking havoc.

Is there power to the head/tail fuses? Thats a good place to start. After that get a wiring diagram and find out where your problem is by working either forward (from batt to lights) or backward (from lights to batt).

I like to go forward when the issues are widespread like yours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: