Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

coils?? 15 Sep 2007 09:21 #170718

• My1stKZ750
  • My1stKZ750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1980 KZ750H 4 stock.Owned for 1.5yrs.except for new bars. My problem is, after riding the bike any distance its fine till i shut it off. When i restart it after 20mins or so it seems like its only running on 2 cyls instead of 4. While riding it hesitates and surges bad. Now if its cool out like at nite it seems to go away after about 10 mins of riding. Could i have a bad coil thats getting hot? thnx 4 any help..:evil:
NEW::Its kinda cold and windy today so i took her for a 25mile ride stopped at families house and let it sit for about 30mins went out and rode back home with no problems..?

Post edited by: My1stKZ750, at: 2007/09/15 18:04

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

coils?? 15 Sep 2007 10:09 #170723

• jack2006
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
That might be the problem or you might have a bad igniter. The reason why i'm saying that is I'm having similar problems. The left side coil gives spark no problem...the right doesn't now if I switch them around the one that didn't give spark does give spark. So I did all the resistance checks on the coils and both are fine.

So what might be the problem is the ignitor. It might give weak spark to the one side your having trouble with...I did all the checks recommended and found that when not testing via the iginition on the bike but from an outside source (via a 12 vold battery)it all appears to work...so the conclusion is that the ignitor might be sending a weak signal to the coil...

All I can think of

coils?? 15 Sep 2007 10:55 #170729

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Guys, there was a post or two on here about the very same problem. When the coils heat up they seem to not work right. I think the problem was with the coil terminals themselves, heating up and arcing? If I recall they coated the terminals with liquid elec tape and cured the problem. Look around, see if you can find the posts, sounds alot like what your problems are.

• Page: