Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No good. My Accel coils are shot. :( 15 Sep 2007 08:35 #170714

• caffcruiser
  • caffcruiser's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Got them with the bike. Got eveything ready to give the bike a test start up (hasn't run for awhile) and it wouldn't shoot off.

Checked and I've got fuel/air... go to check spark.

Right side coil has 0 output. :(

Lucky for me I've got a set of 87' Ninja HO coils in the garage that can be made to work, so I'll run those instead.

I hate electrical stuff. haha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No good. My Accel coils are shot. :( 15 Sep 2007 10:11 #170724

• jack2006
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Are you sure it's the coil...did you swap it with the left coil to see if the right works on the left's connections? If it does it might be the ignitor...rather then the coil.

No good. My Accel coils are shot. :( 15 Sep 2007 11:25 #170734

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
jack2006 wrote:

Are you sure it's the coil...did you swap it with the left coil to see if the right works on the left's connections? If it does it might be the ignitor...rather then the coil.

Concur with jack2006.

And could check for battery voltage across coil primary terminals with ignition on to assure voltage to coil. Space is usually tight, so be sure not to short against frame. :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

No good. My Accel coils are shot. :( 15 Sep 2007 13:55 #170739

• caffcruiser
  • caffcruiser's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Patton wrote:

jack2006 wrote:

Concur with jack2006.

And could check for battery voltage across coil primary terminals with ignition on to assure voltage to coil. Space is usually tight, so be sure not to short against frame. :)

Checked that. Power TO the coils is good on both sides. No output from the right side coil at all though.

Didn't swap the coils, but did swap a wire and plug fromt he right coil to the left... and lo and behold it fired on that side. lol

• Page: