Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dyna Coil/Wire Question 14 Sep 2007 16:13 #170597

• Norseman
  • Norseman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My new Dyna coils just arrived, and I'm in the process of installing. I understand that it doesn't matter which screw terminal on the coils the red/black set and red/green set go on.

But I'm a little confused on the Dyna sparkplug wires that I also got. The new wires came with a bag with rubber caps and brass connectors. The Dyna coils obviously require these to be installed on the coil-end of sparkplug wires.

Do I strip the ends of the sparkplug wires to allow some length of the core to be soldered into the little hole in the brass connector insert, then just clamp the square tabs over the sparkplug wire?

It sure looks like that is the method, but I just wanted to check with you folks who have installed new Dyna coils with new Dyna wires. Appreciate any directions on this! Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dyna Coil/Wire Question 14 Sep 2007 17:09 #170610

• unkle fester
  • User
slip a coil boot over the wire...I use WD40 to make it slipperier.....strip about 3/8 of an inch of the jacket and insulation, just leaving the bare conductor.....bend the conductor back over the jacket and put one of the brass clips on and make sure it makes contact with the conductor...(bare wire)....you want the end of the black cable to come just to where the hole in the clip is.....crimp the clip, plug into coil, and pull the boot down.....done......no soldering....the direction came from the pack my dyna wires were in..............

Dyna Coil/Wire Question 14 Sep 2007 17:59 #170626

• Norseman
  • Norseman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
unkle fester, thanks for responding. Your directions sound like how Dyna assembled the other end with the sparkplug cap. That's what it looks like.

I appreciate your help, that's what I'll do.

• Page: