Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fuses for KZ 650 B, 1978 11 Sep 2007 15:39 #170034

• robhavens
  • robhavens's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I have noticed other people on this forum with similar problems. Can anyone advise why this model pops a fuse while at speed now and then. I have had it happen a few times while on the interstate. Not fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuses for KZ 650 B, 1978 11 Sep 2007 16:20 #170039

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Be sure to check all the electrical connections. Mine has this happen a couple times a few years ago and I found that one of the connections to the voltage regulator (under the left side cover) was a little loose. Upon close inspection, it appeared that the connector (attached to the wire)appeared a little burned. I replaced it and never had the problem again. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Fuses for KZ 650 B, 1978 11 Sep 2007 17:28 #170049

• The Milkman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 194
Also, check the clips that hold the fuses for corrosion and looseness. Corrosion, even light corrosion, creates a little resistance between the clip and the fuse and causes heat buildup. This is usually shown by the ends of the fuse wire melting from the caps and not the fuse actually blowing. Usually, some solder will melt out the end of the fuse. If this is the situation, sand the clips lightly to make them shiny again and squeeze them together to make them hold the fuse tighter.
A lot of us have converted to newer blade type fuses it's simple and works much better,, ;);)
I do believe there in a write up in the articles section under tutorials on how to do this. If not just do a search for blade fuses I'm sure you will find it.
Ride safe
78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Fuses for KZ 650 B, 1978 26 Sep 2007 16:28 #173041

• robhavens
  • robhavens's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, Blade fuses sound like the way to go...
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

• Page: