• Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring up turn signals and tach/speedo 05 Sep 2007 00:27 #168618

• TheDevilZX
  • TheDevilZX's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys, Im new to the forums.

This is my first time owning a motorcycle. I picked up a restored KZ650, its a 1977, Has ecel coils, dyna wires, new wiring harness "having to go over and re-do a lot of the things via service manual provided", new brake rotors, 600rr taill light, custom tail made from a bucket "wow?", hard ass seat that never had a cushion made, and a V & H flat black single pipe.

I found the speedometer and tachometer are disconnected. I'm wondering what is necessary to re-attach the cables i do have. The Tach seems to wire up easily with a threaded cable that screws over the port near the head, but near the instrument side, it does not fully connect, what could I do to seal the fastener to the instrument protrusion.

Upon finding the only detached part on the left side of the front wheel's axle, assumed this is the speedo-connection. I see threading and a small protruding piece of metal with a few frayed wires at the end, would this be it? The speedo cable i have has a piece that would thread onto the axle part, but there is also a protruding piece of metal, it doesnt seem to match up, really. looks like ||]- from the axle and -[||]=== for the cable, best i can do to describe it.

Also, Im trying to wire up my turn signals, i've got them illuminated so far, but they are not blinking.. how would I go about doing this, using a relay? What would this look like and where could I get it? And would it go to the positive or negative feed? On the old wiring harness, i have two silver objects called "flashers" what would these be useful for?

Appreciate ANYONE who reads all this at very least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: