Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dyna S ignition 12 Aug 2007 15:35 #163433

• lunchb0x61
  • lunchb0x61's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello I'm a new rider and just bought a 1979 kz650c yesterday and let my friend ride it home, then I got on rode it around for about a half hour with all the starts and stops of a new rider stalling out and such, so I stop a friends house to get some water cause it was real hot yesterday and was showing the bike to him and it didn't want to start so after repeated tries where the Dyna s ignition is started to smoke, so I pushed it down the rode to my friend who rode it home house and took off the cover and it had melted half of the one side of the Dyna, so i was just wondering if it went bad or something else might have caused it to that cause i don't want to replace it and have that happen again if there is something else causing it, any help would be greatly appreciated, cause the half an hour of riding for somebody who has never done it before was the best half hour of my life and I can't wait to get back on it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dyna S ignition 13 Aug 2007 17:18 #163649

• Norseman
  • User
Welcome to the forum, Lunchbox, and congrats on your new/old KZ650! Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the iginition, but I'm sure you'll be able to fix it up with a little advise from the experts here on kzrider.

One of my simple rules in life is never open my mouth on subjects I don't know much about, and this is one of them subjects. But I know there are folks on this forum that can help you, so hang in there, buddy.

So, how about it, guys? Any of you out there that can lend a helping hand to Lunchbox to figure this out? I sure know that if it happened to me, I'd be pretty discouraged right about now. Thanks.

Dyna S ignition 14 Aug 2007 03:12 #163733

• uk_kev
  • User
Hi congrats on the new bike, z650's are sweet.

Right at the risk of being wrong, I would say you had a bad earth somewhere, or maybe a short in a wire under the tank, not sure? as the Dyna-s is known to be reliable.

But that being said it is now cooked so I would contact the tech support at Dyna, here...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

give them as much information as you can, they may even ask to see the old unit, and then I would buy a new Dyna-s from Jeff at Z1 enterprises, and make sure it is fitted correctly following the instructions. if you don't fancy fitting one, it will only take a good bike mechanic an hour max.

Good luck with the bike.

• Page: