Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brake light switch 11 Aug 2007 16:38 #163256

• Bluemeanie
  • Bluemeanie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Riding to work the other day and was sitting at a traffic light when I saw someone coming up behind me. When this happens I ALWAYS grab my front brake lever and tap it a few times to make my tail light flash to make sure they see me, this time I noticed that the red light on my dash did not light at first or second pump but finally did. This morning I decided to check it out, when I pump the lever it flashes about 1 out of 3 times. When it flashes both dash and tail flash, when it doesn't niether one flashes. That tells me bulbs are ok. Took the brake lever off and cleaned off 27yo grease and dirt. Pushed button in and out all the way with my finger and it's a little better but not right. Does that switch come out and apart for cleaning or is it junk? Thanks guys

Post edited by: Bluemeanie, at: 2007/08/11 19:39
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brake light switch 12 Aug 2007 07:58 #163357

• Bluemeanie
  • Bluemeanie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
I think I got it, the little brass rod sticking out had worn at an angle so I removed the switch and spun the rod around to a fresh side. A little dap of grease on the master plunger and brass rod. Works great now, hope it does not turn back to original spot?
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: