Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

opposite reaction 21 Jul 2007 13:13 #158465

• zaptaliptica
  • zaptaliptica's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
a recent development occured on my bike i just put a new regulator rectifier on it last week because it was overcharging my battery and i rode it to work all week and then today i had my carburetors off to clean them because it started sputtering but anyway i noticed while i had it on the lift and running as i revved it up the head light and tail light got dimmer but at idle they were fine what else would cause this? any ideas would be helpful thanks

Post edited by: zaptaliptica, at: 2007/07/21 18:33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

opposite reaction 21 Jul 2007 16:11 #158496

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
Barring your new part, I'd guess your real problem is a ground issue. I'd go through the wiring and clean all contacts with sandpaper and electrical cleaner, and definately make sure all your grounds are good.
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

opposite reaction 21 Jul 2007 23:06 #158566

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
The sputtering could be related to the electrical. I wouldn't tear into the carbs too much until you get the electrical straightened out.

opposite reaction 22 Jul 2007 11:03 #158642

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1
+1 and

I'd go through the wiring and clean all contacts with sandpaper and electrical cleaner

and after you do those two things but BEFORE you bolt/plug your wires back up, grease the heck out of the terminals with dielectric grease. This can be bought at any automotive store and is also sometimes called tuneup or anticorrosion grease. Your electrical system will thank you for it. Great stuff and lasts a long time. I have the giant economy tube of dielectric grease next to my toolbox and use it constantly when I'm doing any rewiring or electrical troubleshooting.
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

• Page: