Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'83-84 GPZ1100 tank LCD warning unit 01 Jul 2007 21:09 #154155

• darmahsd
  • darmahsd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I would like to take the LCD warning unit (fuel gauge, stand, efi etc.), off of it's pseudo chopper position on the tank and mount it up in the fairing where it should have gone in the first place. I will grind the mounting tangs off for a smooth tank. IMHO a sensible mod that won't butcher the bike if done right. I'm going to have to lengthen all the wires to get it to reach out to the front.
Would any electronics expert out there know if the electronics in that unit will be sensitive to the added resistance of lengthening the wires and malfunction? I wouldn't know how to test one unless I actually make a removable harness that would make it possible to take readings without the unit being a guinea pig.

Thanks,
Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'83-84 GPZ1100 tank LCD warning unit 01 Jul 2007 23:19 #154165

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Longer wires shouldn't matter, but vibration may possibly become an issue.

'83-84 GPZ1100 tank LCD warning unit 02 Jul 2007 15:57 #154312

• darmahsd
  • User
Nothing to vibrate, solid state digital unit. But it will be suspended, as all of my motorcycle installations
are. Being the owner of a few British bikes in the past, I know something about vibration. Also Lucas, the prince of darkness:)

'83-84 GPZ1100 tank LCD warning unit 02 Jul 2007 15:59 #154314

• darmahsd
  • User
Nothing to vibrate, solid state digital unit. But it will be suspended, as all of my motorcycle installations
are. Being the owner of a few British bikes in the past, I know something about vibration. Also Lucas, the prince of darkness:)

• Page: