Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bought a new battery and it does not fit!! 26 Jun 2007 08:24 #152809

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
They don't sell any "upgrade" Everstarts at our Wallys... Never saw those. I change the cheapos out every other year... The heat is hard on batteries I think.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bought a new battery and it does not fit!! 30 May 2008 20:43 #216886

• Duggalo
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Wally World's line of higher end batteries is the Everstart MAX. I buy them for my vehicles, 3 year warranty. I ended up with a $35 Energizer from Farm & Fleet for my KZ 750 LTD Twin. I mean hell...They're endorsed by a pink bunny. How can it not be good?
1980 750 LTD Twin (KZ750G)

Last edit: by Duggalo.

Bought a new battery and it does not fit!! 30 May 2008 22:37 #216901

• bountyhunter
  • User
  • Thank you received: 337
wiredgeorge wrote:

They don't sell any "upgrade" Everstarts at our Wallys... Never saw those. I change the cheapos out every other year... The heat is hard on batteries I think.

Had the same short life problem with every battery I put in my KZ 750 (and the factory original) because the lights were always on with the key (no light switch at all), so the lights were on when the starter cranked. I altered the wiring to "relay out" all loads in the electrical system except for the ignition while the starter is energized... and battery life went from an average of 1.5 years up to about 6 - 8 years. If the lights can be switched off for starting, the battery is not discharged as severely and has to put out a lot less cranking Amps.
1979 KZ-750 Twin

Last edit: by bountyhunter.
  • Page: