Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 20 Mar 2024 05:08 #896657

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • SgtTimmyusmc's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
Okay everybody I've owned this bike since sometime last year it has spent more time down than being written and I can't justify that. I am not a wiring wizard I cannot undo what the previous owner did. I live in eastern North Carolina and I'm not planning on parting this bike out if I don't have to.  simply put I have a bike that is taken apart for the sake of a wiring harness change the start of a original harness is being installed. It comes with handlebars controls new brake master new clutch lever. The bike runs great when the electrics are right. I don't know how to fix them and I'm not going to bash my head in trying to unravel the mysteries of a bike this old.

$2k takes it or best offer. Clean nc title
1977 kawasaki kz750 twin.
2022 honda trail125.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 20 Mar 2024 12:29 #896671

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1792
Sorry to hear she "has you beat" Timmy - is there no auto electricians in your part of the world that would sort it (electricity doesn't care if it's a bike or a car) for someone who "knows electrics" these bikes aren't complicated 

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 21 Mar 2024 06:09 #896692

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
Wookie, you have been a great source of inspiration and knowledge and I appreciate everything that you bestowed upon me while this adventure was going on. This wiring mess is way outside my comfort zone and after even getting just the tail lights started I realized that nothing on the bike matched anything on the factory harness and I could not get anything to work because no colors matched no indications of anything it was a mess I hate to see it go.

nobody around here would touch it because they're all Harley guys I found one guy who does Honda bikes but he didn't want to mess with it either at this point there's nobody local to me that can do anything to help me. So it's one of those things I'm going to let it go because it's taking a spot where a replacement machine will go.
2022 honda trail125.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 21 Mar 2024 06:30 #896694

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2624
I'd like to see some pics of what you're talking about. 
There's some looms on eBay that may help you sort it out. 

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 21 Mar 2024 07:54 #896697

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2679
No disrespect, but $2000 is a big ask for that bike.  Even in my area, which is one of the most expensive in the country, I doubt you could get more than $500.  As it currently sits, that's a parts bike.  I agree with the others that the best path for your wallet, would be to find a way to get it running again.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 21 Mar 2024 11:24 #896707

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1792
You could cast your net wider than "bike guys" like the below for example. You must have Auto Electricians" in your part of the world (car electrics are a PITA because everything is hidden behind trim panels, dashboard etc)

Attachments:

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 21 Mar 2024 15:20 #896713

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
I sourced a wiring harness for the bike out of Germany and got as far as figuring out the tail lights. the previous owner rewired the bike with no Rhyme or Reason so now I'm stuck in a really bad position, with a started wiring harness, and the old harness is still Tangled in the bike. I've got controls that will snap right into the connections on the new harness but all the other ends have been cut off in wire colors changed because the previous owner did it all by hand I guess, I have stretches of wire that change color three times.

it sucks I wish I had the knowledge to be able to do this and the confidence to be able to do it but I don't know the difference on how to wire a motorcycle I basically understand stuff on cars and other things as far as electricity goes. I could change the motor in this bike and no time flat I can rebuild it with my eyes closed... but electrical is a nightmare for me because I don't know it, and I can't learn it despite how hard I try.

I really want this bike to go to somebody who knows what they're doing and then they're going to have a sweet ride Personally I'd throw some fresh paint on it and ride it until the wheels fell off.
2022 honda trail125.

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 21 Mar 2024 15:21 #896714

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
You're not wrong I have been throwing that net to anyone who does it and nobody wants to mess with a vintage bike Car Guys bike guys and the place that you sourced is a couple hours away not to say I wouldn't go that far but I'm trying to stay local
2022 honda trail125.

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 21 Mar 2024 15:39 #896715

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2679
 I restored a GS1000S where the harness was completely butchered.  I wound up using a harness from an L model bike (L's are similar to KZ LTD's), and adapting it as needed to include the special gauges, etc, that were unique to the S. I started by first removing the butchered harness, and laying the L harness next to it on a large table.  This way it was easy to see what circuits were destroyed, and what needed to be done to graft in the extra circuits.  I have never done such a project, but once you get the harness all laid out, it was actually quite easy and enjoyable.  There is no way I'd want to do this sort of thing with the harness on the bike.  That would be a nightmare.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, howardhb, Wookie58

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 22 Mar 2024 03:08 #896734

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
Well then this might very will be the perfect place for you because you know about what has to go on there's enough of the harness missing that none of the connectors line up anymore so I'm at a loss.

it really super sucks because this thing runs good and it rides nice and the whole point of how I ended up in this mess is I was trying to put it back to something close to the stock versus all the stuff the previous owner did to it. All it needs is somebody who has a mind for wiring in this bike would be a fantastic Cruiser.
2022 honda trail125.

The end. 1977 KZ750 Twin B2. 34k miles 23 Mar 2024 05:56 #896774

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
Okay I'm striking out everywhere around my local area trying to find someone who will trifle with this stupid thing

1k it's yours. 

if I don't find somebody who can do anything with it it's going to likely end up in the big motorcycle heaven in the sky
2022 honda trail125.

• Page: