Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: Rotor holder
07 Nov 2021 15:59
  • Setton

Thank you so much, DaveO and TexasKZ. I've got a hard copy of the factory service manual for the 1982-2005 KZ1000-P. As well as 2 Clymers for that which includes chapters for the 1100 I've got, and an older Clymer for non-police 1000 and 1100.

I'll download the PDF. What I've got here is the shaft model though. It probably doesn't matter for the starter though.

If the cam cap torque spec is misprinted, what should it be?

(edit)

Just looked up the rotor holder tool on ebay... the only one I can find is NOS, for like $200 plus shipping! There are cheaper "universal" ones that claim to fit the bike, but they look entirely different like this www.z1enterprises.com/yamaha-xs650-clutc...et-holding-tool.html Would that be an acceptable substitute? I don't see how it would work anything like the one you showed, but I've only ever even been in this part of the police version of the J model engine once to replace the stator (bigger stator than the standard J stator, and I know this cuz I bought a J stator and it was smaller than what was in there, so I had to buy a second, police version). I just don't think I can get the money for the OEM tool saved up before it disappears from ebay.

The removal tool isn't too badly priced. Is the Motion Pro one ok? www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0116-Flywhe...ternal/dp/B009J7O7J0

Where did this information originate?  I may be mistaken, but Kawasaki specifications seem to be correct for everything else. 

It originated here, or at least that's where I saw it.
kzrider.com/forum/forum-index/4-electric...arter?start=0#857550
Category: Electrical
07 Nov 2021 15:42
  • daveo

Thank you so much, DaveO and TexasKZ. I've got a hard copy of the factory service manual for the 1982-2005 KZ1000-P. As well as 2 Clymers for that which includes chapters for the 1100 I've got, and an older Clymer for non-police 1000 and 1100.

I'll download the PDF. What I've got here is the shaft model though. It probably doesn't matter for the starter though.

(edit)

Just looked up the rotor holder tool on ebay... the only one I can find is NOS, for like $200 plus shipping! There are cheaper "universal" ones that claim to fit the bike, but they look entirely different like this www.z1enterprises.com/yamaha-xs650-clutc...et-holding-tool.html Would that be an acceptable substitute? I don't see how it would work anything like the one you showed, but I've only ever even been in this part of the police version of the J model engine once to replace the stator (bigger stator than the standard J stator, and I know this cuz I bought a J stator and it was smaller than what was in there, so I had to buy a second, police version). I just don't think I can get the money for the OEM tool saved up before it disappears from ebay.

The removal tool isn't too badly priced. Is the Motion Pro one ok? www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0116-Flywhe...ternal/dp/B009J7O7J0

Where did this information originate?  I may be mistaken, but Kawasaki specifications seem to be correct for everything else. 

07 Nov 2021 08:20
  • Setton

(edit)

Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 results.