Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

An evening ride 23 Aug 2020 06:58 #833541

• bluej58
  • bluej58's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Over the years we have ran into just about every kind of bug including butterflies, they are juicy for sure, had a wasp fly into my open helmet and proceed to sting me as it went down my back and into my pants, my wife was in the lead and looked in her mirror to see me jumping around in the middle of the road with my pants down around my ankles.
We've had some very close calls with deer, a vulture that took off from a road kill and circled around almost taking the Mrs head off and a feral pig that ran across the Cherohala Skyway a couple feet in front of the wife's bike, a very scary thing to watch unfold :woohoo:

Cherohala Skyway at dusk

pic by Cindy Lou
78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx, daveo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bluej58.

An evening ride 30 Aug 2020 12:20 #834008

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
End of August and it appears to be the end of the butterfly weed, at lease for this year.
The last 10 picked the poor thing bare, we are going to let nature run it's course and leave them out side.
I don't think these guys are headed any farther north hopefully they make it to Mexico for the winter, they seem to be bigger and fatter then the earlier ones

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

Last edit: by bluej58.

An evening ride 31 Aug 2020 06:35 #834062

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 583

bluej58 wrote: ... me jumping around in the middle of the road with my pants down around my ankles.

Cherohala Skyway at dusk.

pic by Cindy Lou

I've done the seat dance a few times with a bee up my sleeve/down my shirt, but never a street dance with one in my drawers. Had to be very unpleasant, but the minds-eye visual is amusing :laugh: . :dry:

slmjim

Great pic! We seriously misjudged Ride time one year when Ridin' the Cherohala west-to-east on our CB750 Nighthawks. The last 30 miles or so coming down from the top after dark. And that's pitch black dark. Wouldn't want to do that again. Once off the Skyway, we still had to find Kickstand Lodge (we know Mo!), another 25 miles or so other side of Robbinsville, NC. They had a bonfire lit when we arrived, making it easy to see once we were within 100 yds. or so of the entrance. Great place with cabins, bunkhouse & camping, on-site kitchen & good people.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

An evening ride 31 Aug 2020 15:35 #834097

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892
Some local impressions were i am living and riding in the evening time. The district of the water reservoirs and the biker winding road paradise.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58, KZJOE900

An evening ride 31 Aug 2020 17:10 #834108

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Yeah we got back to camp real late that night too, stayed at a KOA near Asheville, Very dark on that canyon road after sunset, on a map it doesn't look like a long ride but when get on those squiggly roads especially after dark :woohoo: it takes a lot longer then you thought

Great pics Scirocco, love them river roads B) you have a lot of nice bikes bother.
Last night we watched a documentary on people racing bikes on the Iditarod trail 1000 miles, I think only 6 finished it in about 19 days very brutal
www.welovecycling.com/wide/2017/02/24/10...le-alaskan-whiteout/
78 KZ1000 A2A