Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SHE'S DONE 18 Mar 2006 09:59 #32208

• kwakagoose
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Looks Great. These are almost 30 year old bikes and still a crowd pleaser. Nice job.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SHE'S DONE 18 Mar 2006 10:29 #32214

• dan76kz900
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks GREAT ! I love the detail on the motor.. I might copy your idea of glass beading and clear coat :) I've sandblasted and clear coated - but it didnt look that good !

What did you do to get your engien bolts black ?

SHE'S DONE 18 Mar 2006 10:29 #32215

• dan76kz900
  • User
Looks GREAT ! I love the detail on the motor.. I might copy your idea of glass beading and clear coat :) I've sandblasted and clear coated - but it didnt look that good !

What did you do to get your engien bolts black ?

SHE'S DONE 18 Mar 2006 12:40 #32238

• kawasakikid38
  • kawasakikid38's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
thanks guys, the paint on the engine is holing up really good. have takken the bike out a few times now. what i did was degreased the engine when it was off the bike and wet it down then i aired it good let it sit for a day and then painted it with a 1200f semi black paint, the side covers were going to get anadized, but was unable to do that because it is not full aluminum , its white aluminum so it wouldn't take. so i just glass blasted and cleared with a 1200f clear. the bolts, i got from work and are round allen heads which turned out looking good which i was hopping it would. the carbs were completely takken apart soaked, bodys were pained with the same paint as the motor, and as you can see i blasted the tops and bottoms of the carbs with the same bolts as the engine has. painted the mounting plate of the carb and put them back together. the bike really looks clean and it is for now. you know how that go's when you ride a bike, and thats what i'll do too, ride. here is a pic of this bike when i first got it.

Post edited by: kawasakikid38, at: 2006/03/18 15:41

SHE'S DONE 18 Mar 2006 20:32 #32396

• dan76kz900
  • User
Intresting about the bolts.. you were able to get the all the sizes you needed in black ? What kind of coating do they have ? Regular bolts rust after time, and I'm not a real big fan of stainless steel bolts.. so I'm looking for something else.

SHE'S DONE 18 Mar 2006 20:58 #32404

• kawasakikid38
  • User
yea, they are all metric and i work with metric stuff at work. these bolts come with a oily coating which i left on them so they don't rust for a while. and if they do i will just replace them.lol

SHE'S DONE 19 Mar 2006 10:39 #32517

• KL250
  • User
can you get those bolts in the longer lengths and if your could is there anychance that you could send some my way. i have those kind of bolts in my bike but i can't find any longer than 30mm long and i need some that are like 40 -60 mm long

SHE'S DONE 19 Mar 2006 11:34 #32529

• wireman
  • Visitor
what sizes and lengths do you need,have you looked at fastenal or bolt supply place? theres no sense putting him in a bind with his boss to supply someone elses project.:whistle:

SHE'S DONE 19 Mar 2006 15:51 #32591

• kawasakikid38
  • User
no, thats cool, i'm a kawai guy and would help anyone that would need it. but as far as long allen bolts. i could not get the long ones for the clutch cable cover ones. i don't know if you can see in the pic's but i have hex one on their which is hard to tell because their black too. were do you need them for?

SHE'S DONE 19 Mar 2006 18:21 #32644

• wireman
  • Visitor
i usually make the longer bolts myself.just take stock bolt and cut it off than cut head and part of shank off same size allen head bolt and eld it up same length as origional bolt..get me the thread size and length of bolts you need and i can make them up. goodluck,happy wrenching!

SHE'S DONE 19 Mar 2006 18:23 #32645

• KL250
  • User
I only need two that I know of 6mm x 35-40mm. they are for a KL250 the primary sprocket cover. all the rest so far 30mm long ones have worked.

Thanks a bunch Kurt

SHE'S DONE 19 Mar 2006 18:27 #32648

• wireman
  • Visitor
send me a pm of what you need so i can round up materials.