• Page:

TOPIC:

Cast aluminium wheel collar position 14 Sep 2018 20:14 #790886

• gaybes
  • gaybes's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys.
Just putting this bike back together. The part I’m holding up is part of the wheel setup, but I’m not sure where. If I fit the wheel it doesn’t act as a spacer on the wheel as with one spacer/coupling it works fine and is centre. The only place I can see it fitting is behind the wheel coupling, in between the bearing that is fixed behind the sprocket and the wheel bearing. My only reason by seeing this not working as it could be putting some tension on the inner race or dust seal of the wheel bearing. Or is that the spot it goes?
Thanks guys!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gaybes. Reason: Photos

Cast aluminium wheel collar position 15 Sep 2018 05:03 #790895

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
From the pic I can't tell what collar that is. It looks kind of like a wheel bearing. weird. I would check out the diagrams at Partzilla to see the proper order & make certain everything is there. The outer races of the bearings spin with the wheel, while the inner races & spacers/collars get locked in place by the axle. So the spacers should fit against the inner races. There are usually 4 spacers/collars: a long one w centering flange between the hub bearings. a fat one between the LH hub & sprocket carrier. and one on each side that fit against the swing arm. Each spacer is kind of distinctive, so it's kind of hard to mess up the order.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Cast aluminium wheel collar position 15 Sep 2018 05:48 #790899

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
Are you sure that is not an old wheel bearing?
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Cast aluminium wheel collar position 15 Sep 2018 20:22 #790960

• gaybes
  • gaybes's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
All sorted guys! Turns out it’s the spacer that goes between the wheel bearing and the casing on the sprocket side, I just had it back to front! Also to my knowledge there is only one big spacer on the drum side. It looks centred and I there wasn’t another one when I took it apart!
Thanks a lot!!

• Page: