• Page:

TOPIC:

Can't see behind me with my mirrors 15 Jun 2006 04:59 #54602

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
KitNYC wrote:

...Try 'em, I bet you'll like 'em. Plus, it's fun to walk into the local Harley shop & buy something for your metric bike. :P Bonus points for bringing a wrench & installing 'em on the sidewalk out front...

Kit, that is a handy, useful tip. I might just do that myself. I have to do the elbow-bend-and-lean to see anything behind me as well..

Thanks for the pic, because I would have asked for one anyway! I don't think those mirrors will look out of place at all on my bike(s)...
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can't see behind me with my mirrors 15 Jun 2006 05:07 #54604

• agawam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
wow I didn't know you were supposed to be able to see anything in the mirrors, I was under the impression they were for wind resistance so you couldn't reach mach II, this will open up a whole new world to me, my next post will probably be how I smashed my bike cause I was looking in my mirrors too much... but seriously I only see glimpses of movement in mine but it does alert me to something behind me....Too bad somebody doesen't make a helmet with a mini cam in the back and the image gets projected on the faceplate somewhere, kinda like a fighter pilots helmet

Can't see behind me with my mirrors 15 Jun 2006 16:49 #54751

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I put some bar ends on my bike when I had the dragbars on. I picked them up at my local bicycle shop for $12 each. They have a rubber stopper that goes into the end of the bar so you have to trim your grips a little. They work AWESOME no vibration at all.

Theres a pic of them in my link (click the bike below) Now that Im switching to superbikes with the Vetter Im still planning on using these mirrors

Can't see behind me with my mirrors 16 Jun 2006 00:02 #54830

• KitNYC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
BT: The mirrors that Triumph shipped with my bike were really, really similar to H**** CB750 mirrors, but with wide-angle glass. The Buells are almost the same, but done in a black chrome finish.

Agawam: There is a helmet with a rear-view optical system built in. It's called the Reevu, & here's a review . (Thanks, but I'll stick with my mirrors for now.)

I haven't tried bar ends 'cause I ride in NYC & can't stand the thought of making the bars any wider than they already are. I don't need to be replacing mirrors every time traffic gets nasty...

Cheers,
-Kit

• Page: