Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Engine case cleaning 15 Sep 2018 03:22 #790893

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63

Nerdy wrote: When I was there, premium/super unleaded was $2.00/gallon, and we complained about that. :-)

My friends and I used to go to Hawaii Raceway Park, out near Waianae; they had street nights where you could drive your car to the track and do the 1/4 mile. A few years ago I dug up an old videotape from a track night there and had it converted to DVD - the track announcer was pretty funny. 'Campbell Industrial park' doesn't ring a bell but HRP has been closed for a long time. One night I ran my GPz550 - when you raced there they would give you a number and write it on the windshield (bikes) or on the window (cars) in white shoe polish. I still have the GPz fairing with the number on it. :)

For locals here, Campbell Industrial Park = HRP. HRP was located right before the industrial park. Anyway, yeah, it's long gone and we have NO race track. Keep hearing about the city planning to bring back the raceway due to all these kids racing on the freeway (who can blame them? I was once young and stupid too) but it's just that. Rumor.I think my son, who is gonna be 19 pretty soon will be the last generation that remember HRP. We used to go at least once a month to see the races. He still talk about it now as he wants to ride my bike (He will ride my KZ first to get a hang of the bike, and he can have my 89 ZX-7). Yeah, I still remember the shoe polish number they write on the window.

Anyway, fast forward it to today, $3.79/cash for premium, and that's at cheapest along the Kapahulu Ave. Pay it with credit card and it's few cents more. Loaf of bread is at around $3, Gallon of milk is more expansive than the gas at about $5. Whopper meal, not super size is right around $10, maybe little cheaper. Oh, and don't forget that we don't qualify for free shipping 99% of the time. Amazon will be the only major one, along with few evilbay seller. Heck, some just don't ship to Hawaii, even though they can use USPS flat rate box for the Priority Mail at same rate!

Still wanna come back visit the island?

Edit: Damn, I just realized that I wrote pretty much the same thing few posts ago. Damn. I hate getting old........................My drinking tolerance is getting weaker by the day!

Edit #2: I forgot to mention. Wailana Coffee shop, if you know where that is, is closing at end of this month. Another landmark fading away.
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ojisan rider.