Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

FittingOil pressure Light to 80's GPZ oil pan 17 Sep 2018 04:20 #791022

• Wozza
  • Wozza's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 30
that AN fitting was over priced so I ripped the original oil level switich apart and tapped it 1/8 for a temp sender.
It didnt work any way

EDIT: lock wire was redone correctly lying on ground under bike with cuss words...
1982 KZ550H1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wozza.

FittingOil pressure Light to 80's GPZ oil pan 17 Sep 2018 05:04 #791023

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
  • Thank you received: 80
What gauge are you using? I did this same thing a few years back in that same location, but the exhaust pipe ran too close to that area. If it works with your exhaust then great. If not, I run a Trail Tech TTO Oli Temp Gauge with the sensor tapped to the left side of the oil pan. It reads oil temp constantly, and has an internal battery. Settings for high oil temp warning and 12 hour clock at the push of a button. Just an alternative solution.

www.trailtech.net/tto-1

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

FittingOil pressure Light to 80's GPZ oil pan 17 Sep 2018 05:58 #791028

• Wozza
  • Wozza's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 30
I have a 2" analog gauge nothing special. There is around 1,25" clearance between exhaust and the sensor , didn't even think about the exhaust when i did this, just thought that where the factory sender was. Was it a case of the exhaust heat causing inaccurate readings? I have some thermal wire wrap left over from another project that i think i could use. otherwise its PLAN B do what Corey did lol before i fill it with oil
1982 KZ550H1

FittingOil pressure Light to 80's GPZ oil pan 17 Sep 2018 14:20 #791050

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
  • Thank you received: 80

Wozza wrote: Was it a case of the exhaust heat causing inaccurate readings? I have some thermal wire wrap left over from another project that i think i could use. otherwise its PLAN B do what Corey did lol before i fill it with oil

Yes, as I was running a race 4-1 that tucked more under the pan. Street 4-1 sits more off to the right side of the oil pan, so you could be OK. Wrapped the header near it, but because I also ran a belly pan for racing, it read possibly higher than it actually was. Give it a try and see how it works for the street. I'd like to know. The gauge set up I have, will read temps, even if there is no fluid in the pan. :ohmy:
'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp