• Page:

TOPIC:

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 01 Jan 2017 12:25 #751086

• NobleHops
  • NobleHops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Vendor
  • A happy present from the earth!
  • Thank you received: 44
USE DISCOUNT CODE KZRIDER AT OUR DEDICATED WEBSITE FOR IKON SHOCKS AND RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR ORDER!

In addition to our restoration and vapor blast services, RestoCycle also sells and services the complete line of Ikon Suspension products, and that includes rebuild parts and services for most vintage Koni shock absorbers too! And if those two names sound vaguely similar, it's not a coincidence: About 20 years ago, Koni BV made a business decision to withdraw from serving the motorcycle market, potentially orphaning many customers and dealers worldwide. Geoff Lowe from Proven Products Ltd was a leading Koni dealer in Australia, and stepped in to purchase the designs, tooling, and remaining stock, and with a quick scrambling of letters, the excellent Koni shocks were reborn as Ikon.

Ikon was served for many years in the USA by a fellow named Dave Gardner in San Francisco, and when Dave retired last year, RestoCycle stepped in to pick up where Dave left off.

www.ikonshocksusa.com/

In addition to the classic 7610 shock, Ikon has also expanded the line to include 5 other types of shock absorbers for classic and modern motorcycles, including many models to fit single shock suspension systems on BMW off-road motorcycles, and excellent progressive fork springs too.

RestoCycle launched a dedicated website for this venture with online ordering and inventory management, and so if you find your shock and it shows that it's in stock, then it is available for same-day shipping anywhere in the world.

www.ikonshocksusa.com/

Service being our thing, we recently completed two days of factory training on rebuilding the classic 7610 (Ikon or Koni) and we now stock hundreds of rebuild parts, springs, seals and oil and factory tools to allow us to restore your old Koni shocks to like new appearance AND function.

Nils Menten * RestoCycle LLC * Tucson, Arizona * USA

Proud sponsor of KZRider: kzrider.com/forum/14-vendor-forum/604812...on-shocks-usa#751083

Vapor blasting with free shipping! www.restocycle.com
Discounted Ikon Shocks! www.ikonshocksusa.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by NobleHops.

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 01 Jan 2017 12:34 #751087

• NobleHops
  • Vendor
WE ARE LOADED FOR BEAR!

Here we have one of the RestoCycle elves unloading one of the two pallets of shocks, springs and fork springs that are now in stock and ready for same-day shipping...

...and those include excellent 7610 shocks for Kawasaki KZ motorcycles like the pair seen here on my Z1 project.

Proud sponsor of KZRider: kzrider.com/forum/14-vendor-forum/604812...on-shocks-usa#751083

The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 01 Jan 2017 12:57 #751088

• NobleHops
  • Vendor
Here's a beauty shot of the Ikon product line, and in fact this includes one of each of the 6 varieties we sell for different applications.

BUT WAIT, you say, there are a lot more than 6 shocks in this photo! THAT'S RIGHT!

One of my favorite things about the product line is the ability to customize the appearance of the 7610 shock in most any respect. Any 7610 can be had with either a chrome or black body, using a chrome or black spring, and a chrome or black cover. Many of the most popular combinations are listed on our website, but if you want some combination that isn't listed, we can either put it together out of our parts stock or get it made specially by the factory, and there is no extra charge for that, only a little more lead time needed.

Similarly, if you normally ride two up and need a stronger spring, we will swap that for you at no extra cost, or order it in if its not something we have.

Want a bit more foot on the ground? That's not a problem either - we can often specify a non standard application to get you a shorter shock, or go for a custom build.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Z1KZH1H2_760

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 01 Jan 2017 13:51 #751098

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967
WOW Nils !!!!!! :woohoo:

Im totally impressed with what you have going on, and all the options I can pick from . I see some

custom rear shocks coming in my future :lol:

Welcome to KZRider as our newest Vendor ;)

Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleHops

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 01 Jan 2017 21:28 #751143

• missionkz
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 184
Very nice. What do you have for my buddy's 2017 Triumph T120 Bonneville?
GREAT bike but those stock rear shocks seem to lack something.
Mostly rebound dampening but they feel very limited when two up riding... even with the commonly found recommendation of spring presets.
Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 02 Jan 2017 07:51 #751153

• NobleHops
  • Vendor

missionkz wrote: Very nice. What do you have for my buddy's 2017 Triumph T120 Bonneville?
GREAT bike but those stock rear shocks seem to lack something.
Mostly rebound dampening but they feel very limited when two up riding... even with the commonly found recommendation of spring presets.

I'd suggest the 7614-1676. This is a bit lighter than the classic 7610, being aluminum bodied, uses threaded adjusters for very fine-tuned preload control. 4-position rebound adjustment. This is also a gas charged shock and so more resistant to fade (not a big issue on a street bike, but there you go). These are offered in the one appearance package as shown - natural aluminum body and black spring. This is our highest-performing twin shock product.

www.ikonshocksusa.com/collections/triumph/products/7614-1676

Please feel free to offer him the discount code above (KZRIDER) for 10% off if he's interested in this.

Thanks man!

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 02 Jan 2017 08:30 #751156

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
Great info Nils!
I have a set of Koni shocks, I'm sure need servicing.
I did buy a seal kit through a Moto Guzzi site some years back, but only rebuilt one side, as it was leaking.
Will bookmark your site.
B)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 02 Jan 2017 08:58 #751158

• NobleHops
  • Vendor

rstnick wrote: Great info Nils!
I have a set of Koni shocks, I'm sure need servicing.
I did buy a seal kit through a Moto Guzzi site some years back, but only rebuilt one side, as it was leaking.
Will bookmark your site.
B)

Thanks Rob!

You let me know if you discover you need an oddball part or a bump stop or whatever if you ever get back into those shocks. I will hook you up! :-). Would of course be delighted to service them for you too.

Nils

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 02 Jan 2017 09:05 #751160

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967
Those 7614s look awesome !!!!

I will be needing a pair. So my question is will they be available for my 78 LTD 1000 ???????????????????????????????????

Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 02 Jan 2017 09:06 #751161

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
I would love to send them to you.
Don't think I would try a go at them again, as I probably did not do a very good job.
Was looking at your site, to determine if it was worth it to rebuild them.
They do have the 4 click adjustments for dampening, so new similar units will be in the $500 range.
So rebuilding them could be an option.
They are holding the bike up at the moment, and the bike is buried under snow, so it will be a while before I can get to her.

Here is the post from some years back, on rebuilding Konis;
www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/35294-ko...-rebuild-pics#197927
I had some problems, with a Gland Nut ring that was different in my shocks compared to Neil's set.
Later figured out the ring was two pieces.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Last edit: by rstnick.

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 02 Jan 2017 12:05 #751170

• Kapahulu
  • User
I have a set of Ikons on my KZ900 and Koni's that I bought used on my H2. They're both great shocks! Buying used Koni's is a gamble but my set is okay.
1978 KZ1000, 1976 KZ900, 1975 H2, 1973 H1, 1973 H2, 1978 RD400, 1977 RD400, 1974 RD350
2strokeworld.com

Ikon Shocks and Service by RestoCycle - DISCOUNTS 02 Jan 2017 12:28 #751172

• ayeckley
  • User
  • Thank you received: 29
Nils - were you working the Ikon booth st the Barber Vintage Festival? We may have met...
1976 KZ900A4 (1105 Project)
1976 KZ900A4 (Stock Project)
1978 KZ1000A2 (Completed Project)
1983 ZX750 A1 aka GPz 750 (Completed Project)
1983 ZX750 A1 (Almost Road-Ready)
1973 CL350K4 (Completed Project)

• Page: