Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The WORST day with my Kawasaki 09 Nov 2018 13:33 #793616

• 650Dude
  • 650Dude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 19

old_kaw wrote: That's great you have a collection. I'm jelly. :-)

The reason cooler weather makes a bike faster is relevant because.. the cooler / denser air carries more oxygen which increases the intake charge, and the mixture is leaned out slightly,. Lean is mean, but it also blows sh!t up. +the bike runs cooler, which also adds HP.

I have 1 dependable rider. (don't have the room) It starts, runs and rides extremely strong all the time. I have yet to have anyone outrun it, although some have come close, I do not lay down on the tank. Looking at the gauges is pointless. (85mph speedo) Even the newer crotch rocket kiddies seem surprised when the old kaw is still hanging. (with the exception of splitting lanes and acting the fool on public highways)

Yep. I know why cold air makes things go faster,. My dad and I have vintage carburetor cars from the 60s and I learned this early on. Faster in Winter for sure!

I took the speedo off a 1979 750F Super Sport and put it on my 82 900F. This was a common thing to do as, in the early 80s dumb legislation was passed for a pointless reason. Even fast as hell GPZ's from 82-83 had 80 MPH speedos. So stupid!
1977 Kawasaki KZ650B
1977 Kawasaki KZ750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The WORST day with my Kawasaki 09 Nov 2018 13:52 #793618

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269
Well, YOU asked. "Im glad the weather is cooler and your bike is faster now. But what does that have to do with anything? Not bieng confrontational, just saying....."

Yes, the federal regulations put a bunch of restrictions on all DOT approved (and some European) vehicles in 1981. Hence the Kawasaki change to 998 cc from 1015cc, 85 mph speedo, etc.

I can't rob a speedo off of an older bike because my speedo is electronic.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by old_kaw. Reason: typo's